In this generation, we always have to think of our expenditures. This includes water which is one of the essential resources that we pay for. We use water in every way possible thus the volume we consume everyday is relatively high. Owing to this fact, the amount of money we have to disburse becomes high as well. So how will we be able to cope up?
1. Consume water thoughtfully.
- It is advisable to use pitchers or other bottles to contain your water because in that way, every single drop is sure to go down your throat instead of the sink.
- It is a bad habit to cup water with your hands while drinking tap water. So much water is wasted when you do this.
- When washing your veggies or fruits, put them first in a pan or basin so you can still reuse this water in washing other wares that you use in cooking.
Do not let water slip through your fingers. It is like letting a fortune get away from your grasp.
2. Avoid letting the water run excessively.
- When washing your hands, turn the tap off when applying soap to avoid water waste.
- When washing the dishes by hand, don’t keep the water running. Better place rinse water and wash water in different sets to clean your utensils.
- When brushing your teeth, save a glass of water for rinsing instead of turning the tap on and off or letting the water flow excessively.
- When washing your car, try to use the water you used for rinsing your dishes or clothes. This would mean that immediately after washing your dishes or clothes; avoid throwing or draining away the water. Put it in a pail and use it to wash your car.
When you are mindful about these little things, you will be surprised how much water expense you can save in a month!
3. Use fixtures wisely.
- It is best to use your washing machine and dishwasher when it is in full load. When there is not much then doing it manually is better.
- Use water-efficient showers and faucets which are inexpensive. Purchase low-flow shower heads because these will prove to be a real water-saver. In addition, it would also be good to replace your faucet with low-flow faucet aerators. These “low-flow” faucets or shower heads have been proven to save at least 2.5 gallons of water per minute. Now, that’s certainly a lot of money!
4. Maintenance is needed.
- Check for any leakage as often as possible.
- It is best to repair small damages immediately rather than wait for the worst to come.
5. Eliminate bad disposal.
- Don’t throw your tissues, napkins and the like in the toilet. Gallons of water are spent when flushing them down forcibly. Besides, there is a trash bin meant for those.
- Kitchen waste like left-over food or remnants should be wiped clean from the plates before washing or rinsing them off in the sink. These would result to clogging which results to water wastage as well.
Do not be lazy because money is spent in the water used to flush these trashes.
6. Study your bills.
- Be cautious of the amount of money you pay for your water bill. In this way, you will know if there is a leakage or if there is any problem with your water meter or if you are being wasteful in spending your resources.
- Do not just check your bills but study them because it will save you from the stress of paying expenses that can actually be cut off in half given the proper concern.
We can help lessen the cost spent for water used in our houses by following the few tips mentioned. These 6 considerably summarizes efficient water-saving advice that would mean saving a handsome fortune in this expensive generation. Most of all, it will save you a lot from having to go through so much stress and anxiety at work just to be able to pay your bills.
About the Author: Ryan Rivera used to suffer from panic attacks for seven years. He now dedicates his life helping other anxiety and panic sufferers through his writings. You can read more of his articles at Calm Clinic.