Japan Exceeds One-Million Mark In Private Solar Energy Plants

Japanese Solar EnergyThe Japanese Photovoltaic Energy Association, has published reports on the Japanese photovoltaic market and the local production of photovoltaic systems. The Association reports that Japan has passed the one-million mark in private photovoltaic installations.

This is the result of national funding programs that have contributed significantly. The organization also reports that the production of photovoltaic systems in Japan in the last fiscal year (April 2011-March 2012) with 2.69 GW more than doubled. Only 554 MW were produced in the first quarter of 2012.

The number of private solar plant operator soared mainly due to the mentioned state funding. In addition, electricity supply companies have had the opportunity to buy up the excess solar power.

In addition, the new buy-back system for extra energy, which was introduced in 2009, households has sell their electricity to twice the usual price of electricity. This and the subsidies led to a rapid increase in private solar power producers.

Thin-film modules increases to 24% of PV production

According JPEA 76% of all Japanese photovoltaic modules in the past year were made on the basis of crystalline silicon. Half of them were monocrystalline and the other half were multicrystalline modules. The remaining 24% were thin-film modules.

The thin-film production has increased since the previous year by 165% to 636 MW. A large part of it was manufactured in the factory of photovoltaic solar Frontier in Kunitomi. It has a production capacity of 900 MW modules is based on copper-indium-gallium-diselenide (CIGS) ago and went into operation in mid-2011.

Residential Systems continue to dominate the Japanese market

The majority of products manufactured in Japan photovoltaic products were sold in the country (1.4 GW). Other GW 1.28 were exported, 57% to Europe, 22% in the U.S. and 21% in other countries.

The solar power generation in private houses is still the most common photovoltaic application in Japan. 1.21 GW of 1.4 GW in the last year in the country selling modules were used for this. In addition, commercial systems have been installed at 118 MW.

The report on the domestic PV production includes data from 34 manufacturers. It was created in collaboration with the Optoelectronic Industry and Technology Development Association (OITDA).

Filed in: Investment, Solar

Comments are closed.